Saturday, June 14, 2008

Journey so far

I started at York College last September with a great deal of trepidation. I found that I was the only mature student out of about 130 students (age ranging from 17 to early 20's) and at 49 I was even older than most of the tutors! Well, my enthusiasm and motivation overcame my worries and I soon found that the majority of students were quite mature and genuinely accepted me as a fellow student. There were also about 10 part time mature students that attended college on Wednesdays and Thurdays so at times I was able to interact with students in similar circumstances as myself.

We started by drawing and painting masks that we had all made over the summer break

For the first term we were set projects in Fine Art, Fashion/Textiles, Graphics and Illustration and 3D. Each project lasted approx. 2 weeks and I was in my element relishing each project and going for it!

Fine Art - we had to plot a weekend in our life
Fashion/Textile - wallpaper or fashion item
Graphics/Illustration - series of words
3D - based on our trip to Barcelona

No comments: